November 12, 2011

Camera Strap



My project for the night was to complete a camera strap using the tutorial from Ikat Bag.

Supplies Needed:
  • 1/8 yd Fabric
  • 1/8 yd Coordinating Fabric
  • 1/8 yd Heavy Interfacing
  • 2 3/8" Dog Collars
Directions can be found by clicking on the link found above.  I did modify the pattern a bit, which you can read about below.

I chose not to use vinyl due to its expensiveness.  Instead, I just layered my coordinating fabric around the heavy interfacing.

I also doubled my heavy interfacing on the inside of the strap.  So I ended up layering two pieces on top of each other.  I did baste them together so they won't move around inside.

Another modification I made was to just create a pouch by sewing the right sides of the fabric for the strap together.  I then turned the fabric right side out and slid my interfacing inside. It was helpful to put a safety pin on the interfacing first, and then use that to guide it through the pouch.


Approx. Cost: $10

1 comment: